The Chalk Loft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

First issue to be released in a few days.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kerry Kistler
Admin
Kerry Kistler

First issue to be released in a few days. Empty
PostSubject: First issue to be released in a few days.   First issue to be released in a few days. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 7:47 pm

Hi Gang,

The first issue of Chalk Illustrated will be available by the fifth or sixth of June!

I began the actual production in mid-March after compiling data from 100+ subscriber surveys. The 28 page, full color magazine has taken just shy of three months to produce. It should get faster as I get more adept with Adobe InDesign layout software. So, maintaining a quarterly schedule seems realistic.

More good news! After giving a lot of thought to a printed version, I am going to be using an online company called ColorCopiesPlus.net to produce the e-zine in a full color, copied & bound (saddle stitched) version. My cost is your cost per issue: $4.50 for printing + 1.75 shipping in the USA. Annual rate is $25 (4 issues).

Would it cost you $6.25 in paper and printer ink to print each issue at home? Probably not, but the option is there if you want the quality, finished look and convenience. Take a look at the e-version when it's released and, if you want to receive a printed version in the mail, see www.ChalkIllustrated.com for details on ordering. Take a look at the finished cover on the homepage now.

Finally, it looks like the PDF file attachment for some issues will be too large for my email service to accept (depending on the number of graphics and photos). When necessary, I will probably email a secret link and let all subscribers know how to download the file themselves.

Stay tuned,
Kerry
Back to top Go down

First issue to be released in a few days.
Page 1 of 1