The Chalk Loft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

White Boards?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tony Brent

White Boards? Empty
PostSubject: White Boards?   White Boards? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 1:49 am

I'm brand new to chalk talk. I've used the Axtell Magic Drawing Board along with regular white boards to do some chalk talks for the 5th grade Sunday school class I teach. I was wondering if anyone here uses white boards in their talks?
Back to top Go down
Jay

White Boards? Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Boards?   White Boards? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 12:26 pm

Hi Tony, I have also made use of the white board in teaching Children's Church. I have done some of Nathan Dorrell's drawings and some of Dewey's cartoon drawings. There is a real cool drawing of Balaam where you turn him upside down and he becomes the donkey that talked. I used a white board for a drawing at a nursing home because it was less messy than the chalk. I drew the picture of the Shepherd reaching down for the lost sheep. To me the hard part is finding a marker with the right color and a large enough tip to put in enough color. Plus, there isn't the opportunity to use black light and a hidden picture. I prefer the chalk but the whiteboard can be handy and is quicker to set up. Jay
Back to top Go down
Kerry Kistler
Admin
Kerry Kistler

White Boards? Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Boards?   White Boards? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 11:41 am

Hi guys,
I found a thread on the Magic Cafe some time ago which mentioned a Bill Boley video called "Novelty Ventriloquism" which has a "chalk talk" routine using the Axtell Magic Drawing Board. I would really be interested in hearing more about this particular routine if anyone has seen it.
Kerry

ps. Tony, this just came to me the other day: Old magicians never die, they just become disillusioned. White Boards? Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

White Boards? Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Boards?   White Boards? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

White Boards?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Chalk Loft :: NOT QUITE CHALK :: Kissing Cousins of Chalk-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com