The Chalk Loft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chalk art on sheets.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ksixteen

Chalk art on sheets. Empty
PostSubject: Chalk art on sheets.   Chalk art on sheets. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 5:57 pm

I have what could possibly be a dumb question, but I'll ask anyways.
Are the sheets a one time only use or can the chalk be washed out and the sheet used again?
Kelly
Back to top Go down
Kerry Kistler
Admin
Kerry Kistler

PostSubject: Re: Chalk art on sheets.   Chalk art on sheets. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 2:31 pm

Kelly,
I've not done sheets but others tell me that when a finished drawing is not left behind with the venue, the sheets can be vacuumed off and reused. Some wash and reuse the sheets. It probably depends on how securely you fasten the sheets to the frame. If you use staples it could be tough to get the sheets loose.

I'm sure others will offer their insights so check back again,
Kerry
Back to top Go down
Linda Potts

PostSubject: Re: Chalk art on sheets.   Chalk art on sheets. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 12:09 am

Kelly,
In a recent mission trip to Mexico, I used canvas in the chalk art classes I taught. It wasn't a sheet, but the concept was the same. We decided to use the fabric rather than the paper so that the students could use and reuse the surface. This was much lighter than trying to carry enough paper across the border to supply two 3-day workshops! When my students completed a drawing, we carried the surface outside and used a stiff bristle brush to remove the chalk. There was still a residue, especially where we had used dark colors, but a coat of white chalk took care of it.
I hope to get a chance to try out the large format sheets someday.
Linda Potts
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chalk art on sheets.   Chalk art on sheets. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chalk art on sheets.
Page 1 of 1