The Chalk Loft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Still using CDs

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mreddie1611

mreddie1611

Still using CDs Empty
PostSubject: Still using CDs   Still using CDs Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 11:25 am

I work almost exclusively with small country churches in the Midwest, and I haven't run into any that use anything more complex than CDs with their sound system. Where I am now in my ministry, it's convenient to just hand the sound man a soundtrack on CD (with the style of my chalk talks, playing through a single CD is all I need). There are a lot of churches that I work with that do not even have a CD player, and sometimes hauling out an old boom box will do the trick.

With the size churches I work in this is more than enough sound, but I would like to put speakers in my light system and mount a CD player to the back of the easel. Easy set up is important to me once I arrive at the church. Any recommendations or resources for small CD players with enough watts in the amp for a mid size speaker?
Back to top Go down
Kerry Kistler
Admin
Kerry Kistler

Still using CDs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Still using CDs   Still using CDs Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 12:23 pm

That's a good question. I have not used a CD player for a long time (in a program). I've been using an iPod in most locations - but then there isn't any kind of amp in those. They have to be patched in to a regular sound system (yours or the churches). I'll run this question in the next issue of Chalk Illustrated and see what kind of response it gets.
Kerry
Back to top Go down

Still using CDs
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Chalk Loft :: THE DRAWING ROOM :: Music In the Mix-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com