The Chalk Loft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Unlock your personal gallery and give us a tour.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kerry Kistler
Admin
Kerry Kistler

Unlock your personal gallery and give us a tour. Empty
PostSubject: Unlock your personal gallery and give us a tour.   Unlock your personal gallery and give us a tour. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 7:11 pm

Most of us have developed a group of "signature" drawings which form a core of work that identifies us. Can you mentally picture that portfolio in your mind's eye? How about giving us a tour of your pet drawings, their spiritual messages, how they were developed, what music & songs you use with them - whatever details you think are interesting. And let us know if others can use your ideas or if you would rather keep them as your "signature pieces."

Or, if you are trying to develop a drawing and need some ideas, advice or input, post your questions in this forum. Someone at the Loft may have already been down that path on a similar quest.

Also, start a separate post for each drawing concept you want to share and include an image. Simple instructions for inserting an image can be found at this link:

http://thechalkloft.heavenforum.org/announcements-f3/how-to-upload-and-insert-images-photos-in-your-posts-t31.htm

Okay, I'll go first...

Below is my version of the ubiquitous Lighthouse theme. Hey, what kind of chalk artist would I be without a Lighthouse drawing? The basic seascape idea came from a video on oil painting to which I added the building and boat. There is no elaborate hidden picture here - just a simple fluoro cross on the lighthouse which shows under a black light. Feel free to use this design if you like it.

The theme? Being a witness by letting the love of Jesus shine through you to the lost and drifting.

Here is the list of songs I assembled for this drawing:

1. I Want to Be a Witness from Radio Halo for Kids
2. The Holy Ghost Will Take the Chicken Out of You by Jim Wideman
3. Keep the Candle Burning by Point of Grace
4. Go Light Your World by Kathy Troccoli
(a good alternate: Light Your World by NewSong)

Total length: 14:30

Now, how about a peek at your portfolio?
Kerry

Unlock your personal gallery and give us a tour. Lighth10
Unlock your personal gallery and give us a tour. 8
Back to top Go down

Unlock your personal gallery and give us a tour.
Page 1 of 1