The Chalk Loft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Other venues

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Don Herron

Other venues Empty
PostSubject: Other venues   Other venues Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 12:26 am

Hi all!! Kerry, I saw you and your family at the 2008 Gospel Chalk Conference at Gull Lake...That was a wonderful time for me. I had never in my life seen so many chalk artists of so many talents. What God was doing was amazing. I learned so much just walking around and seeing techniques and different boards and Ben Glen was an inspiration for me. I used his Black sheet skill at a Youth camp last year. Years ago (1995) I was at Ding Teuling's class in Muskegon, MI when Dan Ondra was there...He used A projector connected to his laptop telling the story of the Titantic disaster. It blew me away. The cost was huge then and his church payed for his ministry but I was so impressed... but I thought.. was that cheating? Then he showed his skills and he didn't need all that tech stuff but others may need a little help like projectors to help tell the story.
Other venues is the real reason for this blog. Dan let us know about, and to look for other places than churches to do drawing. Borders book store will pay $50 for that type of drawing presentation. Classical music and a creation scenery. Most people love the give of artistry most of all when done with beautiful music. Once Dan told of an opportunity to go to a grand Opening...It payed $750 for several hours of drawing once an hour. Also these Hometown Days Fairs look for those type of talents. I was offered $500 for a two day booth to represent and draw for a Credit Union but I had to be out of town. I did a Street Preaching time in Rochester, NY a few years ago (2006) I drew and a pastor preached and wow was that ever a blessing. People stopped and didn't want to miss the finish...So look for out of the box places and you will be suprised how the Lord provides..God Bless Don
Back to top Go down
Kerry Kistler
Admin
Kerry Kistler

Other venues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other venues   Other venues Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 5:50 am

Don,

We had a great time at that conference. Your thoughts here are so true - there are other places to use chalk art other than churches (which may in turn LEAD to church opportunities).

Thanks for joining the Chalk Loft and stop by often to share.

Best,
Kerry
Back to top Go down

Other venues
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Chalk Loft :: NOT QUITE CHALK :: "Drawing" a Salary-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com