The Chalk Loft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A hidden picture...in reverse! from John Mark Coon

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kerry Kistler
Admin
Kerry Kistler

A hidden picture...in reverse! from John Mark Coon Empty
PostSubject: A hidden picture...in reverse! from John Mark Coon   A hidden picture...in reverse! from John Mark Coon Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 2:35 pm

Hi gang,

I just watched a nice chalk drawing by John Mark Coon and really like the way he worked a subtle cross image into the finish. Why didn't I think of that! The shepherd casting a cross-shaped shadow is a nice way to add a hidden image that emerges under a black light without doing the pre-show work.

Yes, the cross image can be seen before the black light but somehow I didn't notice it until after the black light was turned on. I suppose you could camouflage the cross shadow area (while you are drawing) by filling it in with a non-fluorescent green that is similar to the surrounding fluorescent green.

Anyway, take a look and maybe it will inspire a unique hidden image in one of your drawings. You can also visit John's web site here: http://www.johnmarkcoon.com/Worship-Art.html

Back to top Go down

A hidden picture...in reverse! from John Mark Coon
Page 1 of 1