The Chalk Loft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Stories from the "Chalk Dust Trail"

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mreddie1611

mreddie1611

Stories from the "Chalk Dust Trail" Empty
PostSubject: Stories from the "Chalk Dust Trail"   Stories from the "Chalk Dust Trail" Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 3:49 pm

Our first evangelistic chalk meeting "on the road" was in the mountains of upstate New York. We we scheduled to spend the week at the pastors home. We had 2 young sons, and as you can imagine we were apprehensive about our kids behaving around the preacher and the "PK's".

The first night was going well. We were drinking coffee in the living room of the parsonage, and it looked like our boys realized that they would have to be good if we were going to spend a whole week with a preacher. Suddenly we heard the pastors daughter scream from her room. She was about 16 and our son, Tim, was 6 at the time. All four parents ran to the daughters room, and found my son sitting cross-legged on the bed, smiling from ear to ear. The daughter was at her computer, and as soon as she saw her dad she told him "He said he would leave me alone if I kissed him, and he's still bugging me!" Didn't have a single worry the rest of the week!
Back to top Go down
Kerry Kistler
Admin
Kerry Kistler

Stories from the "Chalk Dust Trail" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stories from the "Chalk Dust Trail"   Stories from the "Chalk Dust Trail" Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 4:55 pm

lol! Yep. This work will provide all kinds of stories - especially if you have to stay in parsonages. Our family lived in a bus-type RV during our seven years of evangelistic work and RV parks can be a source of amazing tales too!

Nice to have you aboard the Loft. Stop by often,

Kerry
Back to top Go down

Stories from the "Chalk Dust Trail"
Page 1 of 1