HomeCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Thanks for creating a spot for chalkers

Go down 
AuthorMessage
patsy

PostSubject: Thanks for creating a spot for chalkers   Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:00 pm

I started chalk in 2003 training under Ding Tueling. What an inspirational man and such talent. Later I trained with his son David and in 2008 I was fortunate to attend the chalk artist convention organized by Matt Bowman. The teachers there were such a joy to watch and learn from. . . not to mention the other chalkers. It is fun to learn from each other and so I thank you for this forum. I still use bogus paper but have just made the sheet frame and will see how I do with that. Have to keep challenging myself.
Back to top Go down
Kerry Kistler
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for creating a spot for chalkers   Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:24 pm

Hey Patsy!
Thanks for joining us at The Loft. We might have met at the 2008 Chalk conference in Gull Lake that you mentioned. I found this YouTube video a while back which shows the Colorama on the last night of the conference - I'm third from the right. I never felt so crowded while chalking - it felt like I was drawing in a phone booth! Ding was to my left and I was so worried that I might knock him off the platform by accident .

Thanks again for stopping by and please drop in often!
Kerry