The Chalk Loft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New Chalk Artist

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
EverCross

New Chalk Artist Empty
PostSubject: New Chalk Artist   New Chalk Artist Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 2:34 pm

This site has really been a blessing in helping me learn the ends and outs of a great chalk art ministry for our Savior. My story of how I discovered this stated in NYC in Sept, 2009 where I saw an artist doing a giant chalk art mural of anime characters. I thought it was so cool I had to go get me some soft pastels and try it out. I've been drawing with pencil and ink since I was a kid and been creating my own comic books in the last few years so I have a background in art, just not chalk art until that point. I really enjoy it. In November of 2009 I saw a preacher on tv doing a chalk talk which was the first time I've seen something like that. So it inspired me to do the same type of thing and here I am. I did my first chalk talk on April 25, 2010 and ready for the next one.

My website to check out my art is www.evercross.com
Back to top Go down
Kerry Kistler
Admin
Kerry Kistler

New Chalk Artist Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Chalk Artist   New Chalk Artist Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 1:17 am

Welcome Dusty!
Thanks for sharing a bit of your history with chalk. Do you remember the name of the artist who was doing the giant chalk mural of anime?

My son is also a fan of comic book art and has a lot of work posted here at DrawSpace.com:

http://www.drawspace.com/forums/index.php?s=&&autocom=gallery&cmd=user&user=28071&op=view_album&album=816

Hope to see more of you around The Loft. I've added your
website to the Chalk Artist link list at Chalked & Amazed here:

http://www.chalkedandamazed.com/#chalkers

Visit often and keep chalking,
Kerry
Back to top Go down
EverCross

New Chalk Artist Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Chalk Artist   New Chalk Artist Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 9:23 am

Yeah, his name was Eric Maruscak and his website is located at www.pepperink.com. He does everything from comic books like marvel and dc comics to manga and gaming murals.

I never heard about drawspace but I think I'll check it out and I'll definitely take a look at your sons art. I'm on comicspace.com at www.comicspace.com/evercross.

And thanks for adding me to your links. I really appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Chalk Artist Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Chalk Artist   New Chalk Artist Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Chalk Artist
Page 1 of 1